As AURORA believes that personal information of any and all end-users including, but not limited to members and/or non-members is important and confidential, AURORA makes and tries best efforts to protect personal information for safe uses. Further as required under the Act on Information Communication Network Use Promotion and Information Protection, AURORA establishes and implements personal information protection policy specified below. This policy applies to both members and non-members who provide AURORA with personal information. AURORA treats non-member information in the same manner and under the same policy stipulated below.
See below for more detailed information about our privacy practices:
- What is Personal Information
- Collection of Personal Information and purpose of collection
- Items of Personal Information to be Collected
- Consent to collection of Personal Information
- Retention and disposal of collected Personal Information
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
- Measures to Ensure Safety of Personal Information
- Withdrawal of Consent, Inspection, Requests for Correction of Personal Information
- Handling complaints related to Personal Information
- Privacy Manager
1. What is Personal Information.
Personal information is information that relates to living individuals and which can be used to identify specific individuals by name, date of birth, or other description (including that which can be easily compared with other information and thereby used to identify specific individuals).
2. Collection of Personal Information and purpose of collection.
We collect the personal information that you provide us, such as when you:
- Sign up for or renew your membership;
- Contact us for any reason, such as by replying to inquiries by mail, fax or through our website, by telephone through customer service, or in person at one of our locations or promotional events;
- Sign up for or participate in our various member Services or
- Visit our website as a member or non-member.
The personal information we collect is mainly collected and used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest, and understand your needs so that we can serve you better. For example, we may use your email to: (1) alert you about product recalls or safety issues; or (2) communicate membership opportunities and programs. We also may use personal information we collect to provide you with promotional information, which is information we believe will add value to your membership, such as coupon savings booklets, promotions, or information about Member Services ("Promotional Information").
AURORA collects personal information to a minimum extent for the following purposes:
- Certificate issuance: name, member account, password, e-mail
- Various notices related to certification services: name, e-mail
- Equipment information for verification of unjustifiable issuance and prevention of illegal use
In any cases, AURORA does not collect sensitive personal information that may fringe upon fundamental human rights. Unless AURORA obtains the member’s consent or collection of certain personal information is explicitly allowed under another law, AURORA does not collect personal information that is likely to significantly violate a person’s rights or privacy including information on ideals, beliefs, medical history etc. Whenever AURORA collects personal information, it will do so minimally and will not refuse service for not providing personal information beyond the basic minimum amount.
3. Items of Personal Information to be collected.
To become a member you need to provide us the following:
- Korean Name, English Name, E-mail address.
- Others: The following information can be created and collected automatically in the course of using services. IP Address, date and time of visit, service use logs (only when a member uses the website).
4. Consent to collection of Personal Information.
AURORA provides procedures of consent to the personal information protection policy or a Term of Use in order for end-users to consent to collection of personal information, and consider the act of clicking on the [CONSENT] button the consent to collection of personal information.
5. Retention and disposal of collected Personal Information.
Our main policy is to dispose of personal information once the purpose for its collection and use has been fulfilled. The period of use for personal information is “from date of membership subscription to date of termination of membership,” and the period of possession is “from date of membership subscription to 6 months from date of termination of membership.” However, AURORA may retain personal information for certain periods if applicable law needs.
6. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party.
AURORA does not offer and/or provide collected personal information to the third party without your prior consent except in the limited circumstances described below:
- - Foreign and overseas Affiliates and Branch Offices of AURORA
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer's network address and operating system, the site from which you linked to us and the time and date of your visit. This information is used only for the collection of aggregate information. This information may be collected through the use of "cookies," which are small files that are stored on your computer. We do not store in cookies any personal information. You may refuse automatic collection of information through cookies by changing the setup options on your web browsers. Such actions will not interfere with any services provided by us.
8. Measures to Ensure Safety of Personal Information.
In the course of handling members’ personal information, AURORA has been implementing the technical and managerial protection measures as set forth below for the purpose of securing safety in order to prevent any loss, theft, divulge, fabrication or damage of personal information.
- Managerial measures: establishment and implementation of internal management plans, periodical employee training, etc.
- Technical measures: management of access right to personal information processing systems, installation of access control systems, encryption, installation of security programs, etc.
- Physical measures: control access to computer rooms, data rooms, etc.
We maintain safety measures to protect your information from loss, misuse or contamination. The information we collect may be digitally saved and combined with the information of other members. We constantly strive to protect your information from any unauthorized access through technological, contractual, administrative and physical measures.
9. Withdrawal of Consent, Inspection, Requests for Correction of Personal Information.
You can withdraw your consent to collection and use of personal information or for supply of the same to third parties that may significantly infringe upon the personal rights to privacy at any time through e-mail to our Privacy manager.
You can request an opportunity to inspect or use its own personal information or see information provided to third parties by contacting the Privacy manager through e-mail. If the member’s personal information contains any error, the member may request corrections to be made. In order to confirm the identity of the member making the request, we may request presentation of resident registration card, driver’s license, passport or any other picture identification card. If the member refuses to provide such proof, we may refuse to allow use, inspection of information provided to third parties or reject request for corrections.
10. Handling complaints related to Personal Information and Privacy Manager.
||10th floor, Aurora World HQ BUILDING, 997, Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.
11. Privacy Manager
||Department of Information Technology / manager
||10th floor, Aurora World HQ BUILDING, 997, Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.